To quickly EXIT this site, click on this bar  
Helpline: 0800 408 1552

What help could they get with housing issues?

If you are looking for immediate housing / shelter today - you may want to call the National Domestic Violence helpline on (24hr freephone) 0808 2000 247 (The National Domestic Violence Helpline is run in partnership between Women's Aid & Refuge). The helpline will have access to immediate and up to date information on beds in refuges in and around your area, or anywhere in the UK.

There are many different agencies within Warwickshire who will be able to help you with your housing needs, most of which can be accessed via your local housing team.

To get specific information relating to your area please choose one of the following options:

North Warwickshire Borough area

North Warwickshire Borough Council's Housing Options and Advice Service can give you advice about your housing options. You can contact the Service during office hours (8:45am - 5:15pm) by ringing 01827 715341. Further information can also be found here, at North Warwickshire Borough Council's website.

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough area

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is committed to helping victims of Domestic Abuse.

The Community Safety team work with a number of partner agencies to try and reduce Domestic Abuse in the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth. The Council have helped fund many projects and initiatives that tackle domestic  abuse, support victims and perpetrators. The team can be contacted on telephone number 024 7637 6322 or on

The Council has a statutory duty to assist those fleeing Domestic Violence where they are unable to occupy their normal place of residence. The Council works with a number of agencies to provide places of safety and support to victims and advice and guidance for those seeking alternative accommodation within or outside of the borough. We take part in the county-wide Sanctuary Scheme which provides target hardening measures to make the home safer and more secure for those wishing to remain in their own home. Floating support services are funded through Warwickshire Supporting People and provided by specialist agencies.

For more information, contact the Housing Advice team on 024 7637 6121, or click here to visit Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council's housing website.

Rugby Borough area

Rugby Borough Council has a legal duty to provide advice and assistance for those who are threatened with homelessness.

The PreTenancy Team provides homelessness and housing advice services. They can be contacted on 01788 533837, or by email:

For more information, please click here to visit Rugby Borough Council's website.

Stratford-on-Avon District area

Stratford-on-Avon District Council's Housing Advice Team can give you advice about your housing options. You can contact the Team during office hours (9:00am - 5:00pm) by ringing 01789 260 844, 01789 260 845 or 01789 260 846.

Further information can also be found here, at Stratford District Council's website.

Warwick District area

The council may be able to offer you advice or assistance to prevent you from becoming homeless, so it is advisable to contact the Housing Advice staff as soon as you think there is a possibility that you may become homeless.

If you are homeless or think you will become homeless within four weeks you should contact contact: Lynda Jackson (01926) 456359, Joanne Pritchard (01926) 456429 or Roberta Barnwell (01926) 456428.

Further information can be found on Warwick District Council's website, by clicking here.

How will a council's housing department be able to help?

  • The staff will be sensitive and sympathetic.
  • Information received by the Council is treated in confidence.
  • The opportunity on most occasions to be interviewed by an officer of the same sex.
  • If it is not safe for you to stay in your own home, emergency accommodation will be offered to you.
  • Assistance is given in completing any relevant council application forms.
  • Detailed and consistent advice is provided in relation to each individual's current circumstances.
  • A referral can be made to another Agency to determine your legal rights and also how to start taking steps within the legal process and to find a solicitor.
  • Discuss relevant housing options. For example, accessing Social Housing, the private rented sector, and referrals to other organisations that can give you practical or emotional help.
  • Advice is always available as an on-going provision as and when required, especially in view of the fact that peoples' circumstances can change at any time.
  • The other person involved in the violence will not be contacted by the Council without your consent.
  • The Housing Officer involved will take and process a homelessness claim if appropriate and let you know as soon as possible the decision made.
  • Once a final decision is made it will be confirmed in writing.

To get specific information relating to your area please choose one of the following options:

Powered by GOSS iCM