To quickly EXIT this site, click on this bar  
Helpline: 0800 408 1552

How can I get help?

This page provides information for you if you have decided that you would like to talk to someone about your behaviour, or that you are ready to change:

What types of help are available to me?

There are a number of different types of help available to you if you want to change your behaviour. If you are looking for help in Warwickshire - you may want to view specific information on calling the Domestic Abuse Counselling Service (DACS).


Visit the Respect area in the Service Directory

If you need help we suggest you phone now: 01604 211445 or 0121 270 61 68. If you need help the reasons that brought you here are not likely to simply "go away". The longer you put it off, the more difficult it becomes! The helpline is open 8.00am to 9.00 p.m. most days and on weekends when a course is not being delivered.

Everyman Project
Everyman offers a range of support services for men who want to stop behaving violently or abusively, and for the people affected by their violence or abuse.
Visit the Everyman Project area in the Service Directory

Support line
SupportLine provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue.
Visit the SupportLine area in the Service Directory


To find a local counsellor suitable for your needs:

British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
The BACP is the professional body for counsellors. The search service will find you a therapist in the location of your choice. All therapists listed are professionally qualified and regulated by the BACP.
Visit the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) area in the Service Directory

All sorts of people come to Relate and find it helps them to understand what's going on in their relationships and change things for the better. They offer many different services and resources.
Visit the Relate area in the service Directory

Group programmes

Telephone support, face to face meetings and intensive group work programmes for abusive partners. Contact to find out about next programme dates in your locality.
Visit the Temper area in the service Directory

What happens when I ring a helpline? 

Helplines are there to help you!

Each helpline will have it's own processes but these are some common aspects:

  • They will say who they are, so you know you have phoned the right number
  • They will ask how they can help you
  • They will listen to you
  • You only have to say as much as you are comfortable with
  • Even if asked, you don't have to give your name or address details
  • You can ask them questions too
  • If they decide they need to pass on any information to another service (e.g. if you tell them someone is at risk of being seriously hurt) they will tell you what they are going to do.

What help can I get with housing issues? 

If your relationship or family has broken down you may need to find somewhere new to live. There are a number of ways to do this:

  • If you can afford to privately rent a property visit local estate/ letting agents, look in your local newspaper, use the internet
  • If this is not an option visit your local housing department who may be able to help, details of which are below. 

To get specific information relating to your area please choose one of the following options:

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough area

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is committed to helping victims of Domestic Abuse.

The Community Safety team work with a number of partner agencies to try and reduce Domestic Abuse in the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth. The Council have helped fund many projects and initiatives that tackle domestic  abuse, support victims and perpetrators. The team can be contacted on telephone number 024 7637 6322 or on

The Council has a statutory duty to assist those fleeing Domestic Violence where they are unable to occupy their normal place of residence. The Council works with a number of agencies to provide places of safety and support to victims and advice and guidance for those seeking alternative accommodation within or outside of the borough. We take part in the county-wide Sanctuary Scheme which provides target hardening measures to make the home safer and more secure for those wishing to remain in their own home. Floating support services are funded through Warwickshire Supporting People and provided by specialist agencies.

For more information, contact the Housing Advice team on 024 7637 6121

North Warwickshire Borough area

North Warwickshire Borough Council's Housing Options and Advice Service can give you advice about your housing options. You can contact the Service during office hours (8:45am - 5:15pm) by ringing 01827 715341. 

Further information can also be found at North Warwickshire Borough Council's website, by clicking here.

Rugby Borough area

Rugby Borough Council has a legal duty to provide advice and assistance for those who are threatened with homelessness.

The Pre Tenancy Team provides homelessness and housing advice services. They can be contacted on 01788 533837, or by email:

For more information, please click here to visit Rugby Borough Council's website.

Stratford-on-Avon District area

Stratford-on-Avon District Council's Housing Advice Team can give you advice about your housing options. You can contact the Team during office hours (9:00am - 5:00pm) by ringing 01789 260 844, 01789 260 845 or 01789 260 846. Further information can also be found here, at Stratford District Council's website.

Warwick District area

The council may be able to offer you advice or assistance to prevent you from becoming homeless, so it is advisable to contact the Housing Advice staff as soon as you think there is a possibility that you may become homeless.

If you are homeless or think you will become homeless within four weeks you should contact contact: Lynda Jackson (01926) 456359, Joanne Pritchard (01926) 456429 or Roberta Barnwell (01926) 456428.

Further information can be found on Warwick District Council's website, by clicking here.

Powered by GOSS iCM