To quickly EXIT this site, click on this bar  
Helpline: 0800 408 1552

Who can I talk to?

As with other areas of the website, we want to answer as many of your questions as possible. To that end, please click on one of the below questions to begin finding out information:

There are a number of different agencies in Warwickshire who will be able to talk with you and offer support. Many of which can be found within our Service Directory.

This section will give you information about some of the main agencies in Warwickshire supporting victims of domestic violence and abuse. It will also help you to understand what support each agency will be able to provide you with, if you choose to call.

Who can I call?

There are many different agencies you can call depending on the help you need.

If you in immediate danger you should always call 999.

If you want to talk through your situation with someone there are voluntary agencies you can call - details of which are within our Service Directory - who can talk with you confidentially, and offer both emotional support and practical advice.

Why should I contact Warwickshire Police?

In an emergency you should contact Warwickshire Police by dialling 999 - don't put yourself, or your family at risk. Warwickshire Police can also be contacted on 101.

You may want to contact an agency within our Service Directory before you talk to Warwickshire Police, but if you feel that you need to talk to them directly - please remember that:

  • You will be listened to
  • Warwickshire Police will take you seriously
  • Their aim is to protect you and your family
  • Warwickshire Police have specially trained domestic violence and abuse officers
  • You can be referred from Warwickshire Police to relevant support agencies
  • There are now specialist courts that specialise in domestic violence and abuse

"Article 2 of the Human Rights Act is the right to life. The police are obligated by law to manage the risk to you and your family."

Detective Sergeant Simon Timerick, Warwickshire Police

The police can have an immediate impact on your situation - opening up all sorts of opportunities to you should the perpetrator be arrested and given conditions not to return to your home whilst the investigation is ongoing.

What happens when I ring the police?

What if I don't want anyone to know who I am?

There are a number of agencies who can support you without knowing who you are, some of which can be found within our Service Directory. Please note, unless an agency specifically states that you can talk to them in confidence, they will have an obligation to pass information on around certain subjects (e.g. child abuse, if someone is at risk of serious harm, etc).

Please also note that (aside from Warwickshire Police - see above), you are not obliged to give your name or contact details to any agency. It may however prove difficult for them to support you without this information. Warwickshire Police are unable to talk with you hypothetically, because they are obligated by law to manage the risk to you and your family. Officers will have an obligation to act once a complaint has been made.

Any police officer you speak to can however refer you to other agencies who may be able to help you.

Powered by GOSS iCM